Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Shout Box

Vent Server Status
Latest topics
» Puppy Update
Op finally over YAY!! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 12:44 am by Leaflette

» Espeon's flaming herself again
Op finally over YAY!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 7:22 pm by Admin

» Meet Kellogs and SpecialK XD
Op finally over YAY!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 3:38 am by Admin

» NEW VENT SERVER INFO!!!
Op finally over YAY!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 8:06 pm by Jayrz

» All you base are belong to us. Whats your favorite meme (if u dont know urbandictionary is ur best friend
Op finally over YAY!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 10:48 pm by xinkamero

» Absences, why and for how long.
Op finally over YAY!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 2:19 am by Admin

» Twi forgot to pay for vent channel o.o;
Op finally over YAY!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 10:15 pm by Admin

» Going away...
Op finally over YAY!! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 3:08 am by Xinny

» Got game?
Op finally over YAY!! I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 4:44 am by Espeon

Op finally over YAY!!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Chairperson
Chairperson
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 868
Registration date : 2008-07-31

Op finally over YAY!! Empty
PostSubject: Op finally over YAY!!   Op finally over YAY!! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 11:25 am

So yesterday was operations day. We had been told to go there at 745am. We got there 15 minutes late and they had no beds and sat us with a group of people in the corridor. We waited for a hour before a doctor came to talk to me about the anesthetic. Then we waited another 30 mins before my surgeon Dr Lala turned up (And I must say, he's shaped like a teletubbie >.> ) anyway he told us they where having problems with beds being taken and there was a chance that I would end up going hom. So my mum told him I would rather have it done after Christmas anyway. He said, that would probably be better because I'd get priority on a bed and be at the top of the list but he would have to talk to the ward sister about it. So she turns up and says that will be fine but wait a hour in case a bed freed up. so by now I was hoping I'd get to go home and have this done after Christmas so that I could have a comfortable Christmas and not be self conscious about it cause it'll stop me going out with my brother and his girlfriend and having fun.
45 minutes later the nurse comes up to me and says.... there's a bed free.... Well that was all I needed to set me off lol. I couldn't breath and i couldn't stop crying, i felt like i was going to vomit and pass out. Yay! panic attack. So Lisa (the nurse assigned to look after me before the op and after while I'm recovering) was trying to calm me down before she filled out some paper work and got me to change into a gown. YAY! i didn't show my ass but walking around with my bewbs and no bra was hell i felt like i was getting dragged towards the floor @_@
So the dude comes with the bed to take me to the anaesthetic room, they take me down. I have two guys sorting out my right hand, One holding it really tight while the other attacked a drip needle to it. One woman attaching pads to my chest while another guy takes my blood pressure on my right arm. Talk about getting attacked from all sides =o! The guy knocks me out next thing I know I'm waking up with someone holding my left arm tightly while someone else stabs me with another needle and the Dr tells me i ripped the drip out my right hand while i was waking up. o.o
They sent me into the recovery room, my back is aching cause they lay me on it and I'm shaking like hell. The nurse rolls me onto my side for more comfort and gives me two warm blankets before taking my temperature and blood pressure. Once I'm fully awake I'm sent back up to the ward and asked to roll off the trolley and onto my bed x.x
So I'm lying in bed, my throat is killing me (They had told me because I was going to be on my stomach throughout the op i would have to have tubes in my throat to help me breath), my back aching and I'm dying for a drink and just wanna go home. By now its 2pm. They had told me the op would only take a hour but i went in at 11 and came out at two so that's 3 hours o.O. Anyways the nurse goes to me, I can have a drink soon but she had to sort someone out first, once she's made sure I'm going tot he toilet OK, drinking and eating I could go home, it would take about 4 hours. But because my blood pressure was low i had to wait for that to go up before i could get up. Of course what they didn't know was my mum was already feeding me fruit gums (YAY! sweeties ^.^).
Anyways. They keep taking my blood pressure and asking me if i feel dizzy or tired. I Say no, they look at me weird and say I'll be back in 10 minutes to check your blood pressure again and walk off. I realize I really gotta pee, like when you're woken up by your bladder kicking you gotta pee. Mum tells the nurse, she tells me I'll have to use a bed pan because my blood pressure is way too low for me to stand up. If I fainted I would have to stay in over night. So they get this bed pan and try to get me to use it, but not only is it embarrassing, but its totally weird being told you have to pee the bed. I couldn't do it. So she got me some water and told me to sip at it cause it'll bring up my blood pressure (YAY!!!! I'm dying for a piss and they giving me water XD) I had to wait another 30 minutes for my blood pressure to get into triple figures before they would let me go pee x.x
And they they're fussing over me asking if I'm dizzy and telling me to take it slow. And I keep telling them I feel fine. Lisa takes me back to bed and i go back to sipping my water to try making my throat better and talking to my mum. Lisa comes back gives me a jug of water and tells me my notes say they didn't leave the infected area open and packed, it was small enough that they could stitch it up, she also brought me a jug of water and told me i could drink normally (At which I thought I fucking hate water this is me drinking normally xD) she tells me she will get me a hot drink at a sandwich soon. So me and my mum sit around talking and she asks me if i want a hot chocolate or a cup of team, i ask for tea with milk and two sugars, that felt so good on my poor little throat ^.^ I had a chicken sandwich which i ate slowly cause my throat hurt. Then she asked again if i was feeling sick, dizzy or tired, i said no and she took my drip out and told me i can get dressed but to take it slow in case i fainted. Once she had closed the curtains and left i jumped out of bed and got dressed so fast xD then she signed the paper work and let me go YAY!

and as a added bonus I have the painkillers that make me high =o
I have to go back to hospital Friday to get the stitches checked and my bandages changed then the stitches will be removed in two weeks time. ^^
Back to top Go down
https://trgf.forumotion.net
Admin
Chairperson
Chairperson
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: Op finally over YAY!!   Op finally over YAY!! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 5:04 pm

Jut got home from hospital o.o
He had stitched the dressing to me Surprised
Anyways he says it's healing fine and he's going to try getting me an appointment for a week on monday to get my stitches removed ^^
Back to top Go down
Geohyte
Geohyte

Male
Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Op finally over YAY!!   Op finally over YAY!! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 3:24 am

o.o I feel proud, I read your entire 6 paragraph essay on your trip to the hospital.
I hate the tubes down the throat, but not as much as I hate those gowns x.x I always have my ass flopping in the breeze ;-;
Back to top Go down
Admin
Chairperson
Chairperson
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: Op finally over YAY!!   Op finally over YAY!! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2008 8:13 pm

Omg so it started hurting so much last night I couldn't sleep so i figured eh, jes will be on soon might as well stay up >.> guess who didn;t turn up. Anyway so It hurt so much i cant sleep now my mums got me one two types of pain killers and anti imflamitories its only just stopped hurting. I am soooo tired x.x it still hurts when i stand up or sit down but as long as i dont move its fine xD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Op finally over YAY!!   Op finally over YAY!! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 5:14 pm

whoa that must have been horrible
Back to top Go down
Admin
Chairperson
Chairperson
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: Op finally over YAY!!   Op finally over YAY!! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 5:42 pm

>.> whats horrible is i want a batha nd im not allowed till the stitches come out x.x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Op finally over YAY!!   Op finally over YAY!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Op finally over YAY!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Off Topic :: Off Topic-
Jump to: